Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Making Money Online With Hubpages

What Is Hubpages

HubPages is an online community where people can publish, gain information about a specific topic or both. When I first came across Hubpages I thought it was just another site built to make money off of the hard work of bloggers and other writers, boy was I wrong. Ok, first of all they give you the option of placing your own AdSense ads on each of your "hubs" ( hupages articles ). This is unheard of, not only are they free but they don't even push their ads using your content. On top of allowing you to monetize your own hubs, they are an excellent resource to build up solid anchored backlinks. I will explain why using Hubpages as a backlinking reacorse is so great later on in this post.

Importance Of Backlinking

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sure you have read this on every single SEO and "make money blogging" site you have ever come across, backlinks are THE KEY to ranking well in search engines. You can stuff keywords and long tail keywords until your site is just one big advertisement for itself but without backlinks its all a waste of time. Search engines assume if other sites link to yours that your content is more relevant. This is why you may notice when you get that new site indexed, other sites with less relevant content are ranked higher. All of this is due to backlinking! Yes, content is king but you should probably spend most of your time gathering as many solid do follow anchored backlinks as you can get your greedy little hands on.

What Makes Hubpage Backlinks So Great

Why are backlinks on Hubpages so great? Simply put, Google loves Hubpagse. Google loves Hubpages so much that it shows Hubpages its love by indexing all of its hubs and profile pages in less than 24 hours. I don't have a PR 5 site to mooch a backlink off of to get my newer sites indexed quickly. I have never gotten a site indexed in less than a week, while, each and every hub that I have written for Hubpages has been indexed within a day. As a matter of fact, when I first created my account with Hubpages, my profile page was indexed by google in less than 10 hours. That's when I realized what a backlinking gold mine Hubpages could be.

The Catch

A great backlink reacourse yes, free and easy ... no. Hubpages won't cost you any money but you won't start off with any do follow links. Instead of asking for money for their do follow backlinks, they ask that you pay with your time and content. I assume that they created their site in this way to avoid spamming. Don't think that this makes Hubpages a waste of your time. Look at it this way, Google loves Hubpages, if you got do follow backlinks instantly, you could only imagine the huge amounts of spam that the site would get hit with. After awhile there would be so much spam that you would not longer be able to find good, relative content. If that happened then I'm sure Hubpages would loose its Google love and would no longer be useful to you and I for backlinking.

This is how it works, sign up for Hubpages and write a few hubs, they don't need to be long and can be about anything you want. Write about a vacation you took, your dog's spots, falling interest rates, making money online.... anything you want. I usually spend no more than 20 minutes writing a Hub. In no time at all you will have enough profile points to have all the backlinks on your hubs become do follow. Once you receive 40 profile points the backlinks on your profile page become do follow. Keep building, write a few more hubs and get your profile points up to 75 and when that happens, presto, all your hubs now have do follow links!

It took me all of 2 days and 5 articles about newts... that's right... newts, to get my profiles points to 65 and just a week and 5 more hubs to get up to 75, changing all the backlinks I had put on my hubs to do follow. All those backlinks are just another feather in my SEO hat.. pushing me one step closer to the top of Google's serps and one step closer to fulfilling my dream of working from home.

Good Luck,

Kegnum

If you found this post useful or interesting, please link to it.
Just copy the code below to your site :

1 comments:

Wine of the month club said...

Thank you for the concise round up of Hub Pages. I noticed my wine club links were no-follow and only found rumors about the required work for them to become do-follow. Thanks for sharing what you know, best of luck working from home, sharing information like this....you deserve it!

Post a Comment