Monday, April 20, 2009

Make Money Online Gurus Suck!

When I first began monetizing my blogs and sites I did a lot of research on the best ways to do so. I spent some time googling terms like "How to make money with your blog" and "making money with adsense". The majority of the sites that came up belonged to "SEO Gurus". I would always wonder why is it these people were giving away all their trade secrets. They must be out of their minds and if they weren't then this must be some kind of scam. I mean no offense but if I found a way to make thousands of dollars with almost no effort at all, there is no way in hell I'd be sharing that info.

Finally one day it hit me, I understood why they were throwing away all this valuable knowledge for free. The answer has two parts, first of,f this isn't valuable info, its horse crap... Blah Blah Blah keywords and Blah Blah Blah backlinking. They just keep saying the same thing over and over. As a fellow blogger, I understand, when someone talks about making thousands doing what you want to do, you can't help but hope. They play on your emotions. They make you think, " Well, hell if this guy can do it so easily, why can't I". Why would they do this? No, they aren't evil and their services aren't free.

It is fairly well known that blogger types do not click on ads, so you'd think it would be worthless to start a blog aimed at bloggers. Blogs that discuss things like SEO and making money online with adsense should be losers, in a financial sense. They aren't and the reason they aren't is you and I keep going back and linking to these sites and the more we visit and link and comment the bigger that site becomes. Once they have a monster of a site that ranks #1 on google with search terms like "make money", that's when joe shmoe visits and clicks on the "make $1,000,000 by eat potato chips" ad.

Another way these clever bloggers make money is by "not selling" to you. For example, I use "SEO magnet"... I'm not telling you to by this, I would never do that... but ever since I started to use it I've doubled my pageviews. Well, it sounds like he's not selling to you but after reading how this guy made 20 grand in a month, you might just drop the 40 bucks on this awesome software. Now, I'm not calling the guy a liar or even insinuating that hes exaggerating. All I'm saying is, that's the catch! That is why they are giving you all this info for free, because its not free. You just aren't paying for it with money.

If you're still reading and want to know how I go about making money from my blogs. It's simple and you don't need to devote an entire blog to it. Make blogs, get noticed by google, use SEO(keywords and backlinking), use web 2.0(Digg.. Stumbleupon). Do what ever it takes to get some steady pageviews. Start blogs about unpopular topics. There maybe a million searches for "make money online" and only 1 thousand for "gay green dogs" but you will be the only one who shows up in the second search. Make many many many blogs. You may never get 5k pageviews per week on any of them but you will get pageviews. 5 blogs X 1000 pageviews = 1 blog X 5000 pageviews. Don't worry, don't rush and don't freak, it will happen over time. Most importantly, please for the love of god DO NOT spend your money. When you start earning from your blogs and you want to spend some cash on software or themes or anything else, fine, just don't forget why you started, to make money not spend it. There ya go you never have to read another make money online blog again, you are good to go. Don't comment, don't click ads, don't link to me. I don't care... This blog was supposed to be used to push "paid to" sites anyway. One last note... don't bother with "paid to" sites... they are truly worthless. Well that's it, that's all I got... sorry for rambling on.

If you found this post useful or interesting, please link to it.
Just copy the code below to your site :

0 comments:

Post a Comment